Sunday, August 7, 2011

Eli Stone

Eli Stone only got two seasons with 13 episodes before it was canceled in 2009. It was one of the many victims during the WGA strike that cause a lot of television shows to go on hiatus or get canned. Another favorite of mine was Ted Dansen's Help Me Help You. May you rest in peace you wonderland, lovely show. Anyway, this post is about the ridiculous underrated show, Eli Stone. I regret not watching it when it aired right after lost, but I got a second chance when Eli Stone was made available on netflix! Bless you with a thousand fortune netflix for giving me mindful hours of watching films and television!

Eli Stone's ending theme, Everyman's Talism compose by Blake Neely


I admit Eli Stone is not for everyone's taste concerning the show's premise. A man getting visions from a higher power. The religion of choice: Christianity. My family are Buddhists, but it did not stop me from enjoying the show. Eli Stone is engaging, funny, and has a wondering cast. Great acting from the leading man, English born, Jonny Lee Miller. He is notably known for the film Trainspotting and the recent BBC's adapation of Emma. I marathon the entire two seasons in one week because I was so engaged with the show. I usually never watch legal dramas but the show is much more than that. When Eli gets visions or flashbacks of his father, those are the episodes I really enjoyed. I thought those episodes were the emotional core of the first seasons like "Something To Save" or "Father Figure". I was really happy the writers were able to bring back his father, played by Tom Cavanagh for the second season. The writers ended the show perfectly with Eli Stone and his father.

I wasn't bothered when God was brought up in some episodes. I enjoyed how it was used for the show's story telling. Don't let it discourage you! Have an open mind and enjoy the show! :D Sometimes in the future I will give a synopsis of each individual seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment